Friday, January 2, 2009

Let's Get Started: Discussion Questions for The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid

What is one of your favorite (or funniest) memories from childhood? Do you have any memories that are similar to Bryson’s?

What was your impression of Bryson’s father and mother?

Have you read any of Bryson’s travelogues? Do you prefer his travel writing or his memoir? Why?


Special thanks to the Madison Public Library in Madison, Wisconsin and the Twin Falls Public Library in Twin Falls, Idaho for sharing some of their discussion questions with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was wonderful when his Dad surprised them all by taking them to Disneyland- even if he didn't buy them any souvenirs!

Anonymous said...

There was so much that reminded me of my childhood..even though I grew up in Cincinnati. We walked to and from school for LUNCH. Polio was the big scare..we all took polio serum of some sort. We stayed out all day long in summer riding our bikes all over..no one thought a thing about it! What great childhood memories were evoked!! I don't know how my daughter will enjoy the book but I am passing it on to her!

KatieRed said...

I grew up in the eighties and nineties, so the time period doesn't speak much to be, but I love the book none-the-less. Childhood innocence and creativity is something anyone can relate to!